Changing the Conversation About Depression and Suicide
The statistics on depression and suicide are staggering:
- 1 in 4 Canadians has depression significant enough to warrant treatment at some point in their life
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide
- Depression is the single most significant risk factor for suicide
- 1 in 10 people will seriously consider suicide
- Someone dies from suicide every 40 seconds
While depression and suicide ideation can effectively be treated, many individuals do not feel comfortable asking for help due to the stigma associated with mental health concerns.
Also, individuals and their loved ones may be unfamiliar with the warning signs associated with depression and suicide ideation.
Together, let's change the conversation about depression and suicide to spread awareness and reduce stigma.
We are proud to be partnering with the Canadian Mental Health Association to offer a free workshop to help raise awareness about depression and suicide, and provide strategies for suicide prevention.
Join us for an interactive presentation and panel discussion!